Finger painting is a lovely activity to do with your child at home. Do remember to send your pictures to us of your messy play!
For this activity you will need paper, finger paints, paint brushes, sponges. Make sure your child has protective clothing and you are working a space which is protected, in case of any paint spills.
- Pour some of the fingerpaint into small pots which are easier to work with
- To make a Pingu head – dip a forefinger into the black paint bowl and press the finger onto the white paper
- To make the Pingu body – dip a thumb into the white paint and then press the thumb onto the paper just below the head.
- To make the feet – dip a little finger into the orange paint and add the feet to the bottom of the body – like the image.
Repeat steps 1-3 of this finger painting activity to make as many penguins as you like.
Homemade recipe for paint
You will need:
- 4 cups of water, 1 cup of cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons of white sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- icing colour gel or food coloring
- small containers to put paints in once ready.
- Add all ingredients to a pan and mix well.
- Cook on a heat and stir continuously then remove from heat.
- Separate into the containers.
- Add the coloring with a toothpick
- Stand until cooled.