At the World Franchise Convention in Dubai today, Mr Matthew Brown, New Business Manager with the UK-based Linguaphone Group, outlined exciting planned developments for Pingu’s English, the Group’s pre-school franchise, across the MENA region, for 2014.
Pingu’s English is the world-class children’s English franchise, from the Linguaphone Group, which is already transforming the way young children learn English across Europe, the Middle East, Asia and South America.
Since securing the exclusive global educational rights to Pingu from HIT Entertainment in 2007, the Linguaphone Group have developed and published a fun and effective three-level English language program for children, all based on the world-famous penguin character, Pingu. The strong entertainment value of Pingu, combined with the Group’s 100 years of experience in the language training market, has produced a unique pre-school English language program for the global English language training market. Pingu’s English fully supports young children throughout their journey in learning English by developing their confidence in writing, listening, speaking and reading, through a mixture of imaginative face-to-face activities and multimedia resources.
The speech in Dubai today, outlined how well the Pingu’s English franchise has been received by the global franchise community so far, and some of the developments that are due to take place in the MENA region in the year ahead.
Following on from early launches in Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia and a developing presence across Asia, the global franchise has more recently seen a growing presence of Pingu’s English in European markets. Italy, who launched in 2012, is but one who have already opened six centers since their launch. Pingu’s English is also starting to gain interest in South America, with the appointment of a new Master Franchise for Chile, who opened their first Pingu’s English School in Santiago this autumn.
Pingu’s English now has Master Franchisees in over twenty countries worldwide – a number which continues to grow. The MENA region is now a strong strategic target for the Linguaphone Group, for both new Master Franchise recruitment and franchise expansion. Plans for Pingu’s English across the region for 2014 include:-
- A strong marketing push to appoint Pingu’s English Master Franchisees in Oman, Jordan, Libya, Iraq and other available MENA-region territories,
- The official launch of the first Pingu’s English School in Bahrain, in the Seef area of Manama, by early 2014,
- Plans for the opening of Pingu’s English Kuwait flagship centre, at a prestigious shopping mall location in early 2014,
- Expansion of the Pingu’s English program into new nursery schools in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain next year, followed by a high profile launch of Pingu’s English in Dubai in 2015,
- Plans by Pingu’s English Egypt to launch five new Pingu’s English Schools across Cairo, Alexandria and Tanta during the coming year.
The speech concluded by highlighting the wide range of business and marketing support that all existing Pingu’s English Master Franchisees receive, and a number of new global initiatives for the program. These include a new advanced level of Pingu’s English and a global collaboration with the University of Cambridge.
For more information on Pingu’s English and worldwide Master Franchise opportunities visit https://tomj17.sg-host.com/licensing-master-franchise.htm
For all media enquiries, please contact
Sarah Cole, Head of Marketing, Linguaphone Group
Tel: +44 (0)20 8687 6115
Notes to editors
- Pingu’s English offers an array of creative learning activities and exercises using high quality, multimedia materials and teaching resources. Each student will take advantage of DVDs, study books, song and story books with CDs, plus interactive online learning materials developed by leading English language and child education specialists. Students will also use an activity pack which includes supplementary materials such as character figurines, coloring materials and friezes. There are also extensive teaching resources to assist teachers with each child’s learning and development.
- The Linguaphone Group is a world-leading provider of language training solutions, operating under the internationally recognised Linguaphone, Direct English and Pingu’s English brand names. With over 109 years of experience, the Group has an extensive network of licensed partners across Asia, Europe, the Middle-East and Africa. The Group has also helped millions of people learn a new language through their wide-ranging portfolio of self-study products sold in over 60 countries. Master Franchise opportunities are available for our English language programmes worldwide. Please call +44 (0)20 8687 6104, email: email@example.com or visit www.pingusenglish.com
- About HIT Entertainment – HIT Entertainment is one of the world’s leading preschool entertainment companies, specializing in building powerful brands based on engaging stories. HIT Entertainment’s world-class portfolio includes Thomas & Friends® , Mike the Knight™, Fireman Sam®, Bob the Builder®, Barney®, Angelina Ballerina®, Pingu® and Rainbow Magic®. HIT Entertainment excels at creating and building globally successful brands which capture the hearts and imaginations of preschoolers and their families. This is achieved through exceptional storytelling in multiple formats, enhanced by creating high quality character-based products and experiences with best-in-class partners. HIT Entertainment’s lines of business span television and home entertainment production, content distribution, digital media, publishing, consumer products and live events and attractions. HIT Entertainment is a subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. and has operations in the UK, US, Canada, Hong Kong and Japan. For more information visit www.hitentertainment.com