What child doesn’t like making slime?! Today with this activity, you can make slime in a real-life pond with your child. With your own homemade child-friendly non-toxic slime – how exciting is that?! It will also help to develop their fine motor skills and the muscles in the hands to prepare them for writing.
To do this you will need:
- White or clear PVA glue
- Baking soda
- Contact lens solution
- Food coloring
- Baby oil
- Pour half a cup of the PVA glue into a medium sized bowl.
- Now add one teaspoon of baking soda.
- Add one or two drops of blue food coloring (if you are making the pond).
- Now mix it all together. At this stage you can add anything else you want to enhance your slime such as eco-glitter or scents.
- Now you will need to add the activator (contact solution is the safest option for your young children). Add one-two tablespoons of the solution and mix well.
The solution will begin to congeal and come away from the sides of the bowl.
Put the slime in a small bowl or a sandwich bag to represent the pond and add any small toys like fish or beads to resemble aquatic creatures.