Play snap with Pingu’s English flashcards – it’s great fun for the children. It helps their knowledge and will also help with memory recall and recognition of numbers, words and phrases. It is great for children’s short attention span, and also helps with sequencing, in a fun, practical way.
First watch the children below enjoying the Pingu’s English snap game. How much fun are they having?!
To play snap with Pingu’s English flashcards, follow the instructions below.
- Use a double set of the flashcards. If you don’t have the Pingu’s English flashcards at home then you can make your own.
- Share out the cards, face down, between the players equally.
- Each person then takes a turn to put the one card face up in the centre of the group.
- When two cards match, for example Pingu – Pingu the person who sees it first, will put their hand on the pile of cards and shout out Pingu or whoever the character may be – they then win all the cards from the pile.
- To add an extra layer of complexity to the game, in order to win the pile of cards, the player has to say a sentence with that character in. For example, ‘Pingu likes cookies.’ The person who wins all the cards at the end of the game is the winner and then they can deal the cards to play again.